A Runsheet is a cue by cue detail of a live virtual or hybrid event production. It’s the primary document that that lays out the production schedule before and during your event and is shared with your team and the event hosts, presenters, speakers, or MCs involved. There are many benefits to creating a Runsheet for your Virtual Event including;
- Keeping the Event Production and Support Teams on track.
- Keeping the Event Attendees engaged.
- Ease any anxiety for everyone involved in hosting the event.
At IMS, we have seen the huge importance and benefits of using a Runsheet when planning successful Virtual Events. Below is a suggested example of what a Runsheet may look like for your Virtual Event
Foundations of a Successful Runsheet
- Include attendee Zoom Registration Links.
- Line item or timeline your preparations to keep you on track to start time.
- Add a timestamp for each agenda item and the duration of each item. Time stamps may change but having the items timed will help keep the event on track.
- On each agenda item include the following details:
- Section name or title.
- Who should be on camera.
- Who is sharing screen.
- Zoom Functionality to be used.
- Call out actions such as “Launch Poll” or “Enable Raise Hand”.
Best Practices Before Your Virtual Events Kicks Off
Make sure you include your prep time on the day of the event in your run of show document.
|30 Min||– Meet 30 mins (or more) in advance of the scheduled start time of the event|
– Chat and provide a technical check for your panelists and presenters.
– Ensure there is a calm environment is created for all participants.
– Ensure the following are in attendance:
Event Support Team
|15 Min||– Final audio check.|
– Prepare your opening slide or presentation, and have it ready to share.
– If playing audio through your computer, make sure to test volume first.
|5 Min||– Screen share your opening slide and cue any audio.|
– Mute everyone, and remind all speakers to remain muted until their cue.
– Begin admitting attendees and participants.
– Allow the moderator to unmute and give a warm welcome.
|Kick-Off!||– Begin recording.|
– Unmute your moderator.
– Continually check that everyone except the speakers or panelists are muted.
– Monitor your participant’s mic disruptions or questions during the show.
At IMS, we can help you create a more consolidated event programme with the best technology at the forefront for large or small events, virtual or in-person events either in-house or externally. We can help create a platform where you can engage with attendees and sponsors and get all the information you need.
So if you’d like us to help you to set your event up for success: